to report «iusnews»; Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian urged the international organizations to set up a tribunal to prosecute Israeli authorities for war crimes the regime has committed in past two months in the Gaza Strip.
During the 12th annual summit of foreign ministers of the five Caspian Sea littoral states, Caspian Five, which is hosted by Russia, in Moscow on Tuesday, Amir Abdollahian called for an urgent halt to Israel’s war on the besieged enclave.
“The Zionist regime’s war criminals must be punished in the international court,” Amir-Abdollahian said, pointing to the more than 16,000 Palestinians, including thousands of women and children, martyred by the Israeli military in the blockaded territory since early October.
The minister asked for international pressure on Israel to lift the blockade on the strip, adding, “Stop the export of goods to the occupied Palestinian territories and boycott the goods made in Israel; this is the least [we can do] to show our sympathy for the people of Gaza.”
The top diplomat also stated Tehran recognizes the right of the Palestinian people to resist the Israeli occupation within the framework of international law and United Nations resolutions, stressing the necessity of restoring their right to self-determination as well as the formation of the Palestinian State with Al-Quds as its capital and the return of Palestinian refugees to their homeland.
In early October, Hamas launched a multi-pronged surprise military operation via land, sea and air against Israel. The group announced it was in response to the storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied East Jerusalem and Israeli settlers’ growing violence against Palestinians. The attacks have so far killed more than 1,200 and injured over 5,500, according to Israeli officials. Hamas also announced it is holding between at least 200 and 250 hostages.
Following the multi-front attack by Hamas, Israel carried out heavy bombardment across the Gaza Strip, killing more than 16,200 Palestinians, including at least 7,000 children and over 4,800 women, and wounding over 42,000 others, and levelling entire neighbourhoods. Thousands more are missing and feared buried under the rubble. The bombing, as well as enforced displacement orders by the Israeli Army, has also pushed 1.9 million people out of their homes.
Tel Aviv has also imposed a "complete siege" on Gaza, cutting off food, electricity, fuel and water supplies. The move has plunged the blockaded territory into a humanitarian crisis.
The Gaza Health Ministry has confirmed that the healthcare system in the besieged territory has “totally collapsed due to the Israeli war”. Dozens of hospitals and tens of medical centers are out of service due to Israeli raids, according to the enclave's health ministry. The UN agencies have also warned that the humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip is "catastrophic", calling for more international help as conditions deteriorate in the densely populated besieged enclave.
The Palestinian Health Ministry has also announced that the number of Palestinians killed in the West Bank due to the actions of Israeli soldiers and settlers since October 7 has reached 260.
Tehran says the history of Israel is full of assassinations, massacre, torture and killing of Palestinian kids, and described Tel Aviv regime's atrocities and massacre of Palestinian women and children as indicative of the destitute of Zionists. Iranian officials say Tel Aviv has been struggling for more than 70 years to exit its identity crisis which has been mixed with genocide, plunder, forced displacement and scores of other inhumane moves.