to report «iusnews»; Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian strongly condemned US illegal presence in Syria, and further stressed that Tehran’s military advisors will keep staying in the Arab country.
During a joint press conference with his Syrian counterpart Faisal Mekdad in Damascus on Sunday, the Iranian minister stressed that no action of the Zionist regime has been given a proper response for any hostile action it has taken in West Asia, commenting on Israeli attacks in recent weeks that killed several Iranian military advisors in Syria.
“As our military advisors remained on the side of Syria during years of fighting terrorism, we will continue to remain with Syria on this path,” he stated when asked if the strikes had affected Tehran's plans for continued military cooperation with Damascus.
Since 2011, Syria has been gripped by foreign-backed militancy, as a result of which Daesh (also known as ISIS or ISIL) and other terror groups emerged in the country.
Iran maintains an advisory mission in the war-ravaged country at the request of Damascus, helping it in the face of foreign-backed terrorism. Several members of the IRGC have so far been martyred in the battle against terrorists in Syria.
Israel has been a key supporter of terrorist groups during the war in the Middle Eastern country and has frequently targeted military positions inside Syria.
Elsewhere in his remarks, Amir Abdollahian said the besieged Gaza Strip has turned into a graveyard for Israeli regime soldiers more than four months into the war.
“Today, [Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu has been stuck in the quagmire of Gaza and Gaza has turned into a graveyard for the Zionists,” he added.
The Iranian diplomat also blamed the US and its supply of weapons to Israel for the continuation of hostilities in the blockaded territory.
“The US cannot speak of the need for ending the war ... and simultaneously refuse to halt supply of weapons to Tel Aviv,” the minister continued.
Israel has been carrying out heavy bombardment across the Gaza Strip since early October, killing more than 28,000 Palestinians, including thousands of children and women, and wounding nearly 68,000 others, and levelling entire neighbourhoods. Thousands more are missing and feared buried under the rubble.
Tel Aviv has also imposed a "complete siege" on Gaza, cutting off food, electricity, fuel and water supplies. The move has plunged the blockaded territory into a humanitarian crisis.
American and European officials have promised rock-solid and unwavering support to Tel Aviv. In recent months, President Joe Biden, French President Emmanuel Macron, UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and several others European leaders visited Tel Aviv to show their support for Israel. Tehran says the Western leaders' trips to the occupied territories are aimed at giving artificial respiration to Israel and demonstrate the US' and Europe's concerns over the downfall of the Zionist regime.
The United States has been providing Israel with unconditional military and political support in its onslaught against Gaza, arming Tel Aviv with more than 10,000 tons of military hardware. The US has also torpedoed the prospect of cessation of the Israeli aggression by stonewalling ratification of all UN Security Council resolutions that have been calling for a permanent ceasefire in the Israeli assault.
Iranian officials say the United States is waging a war on Palestinians in the Gaza Strip through Israel, and stress if Washington’s political and military aid to Zionists is cut off, the regime won’t be able to proceed its military campaign against the blockaded territory.